Divorce in North CarolinaEach state has its own laws governing divorce. Divorcing spouses often become confused when they search online about the divorce process, because they may be reading about the laws of a state other than the one where they live. I will update this page soon to provide information about the way divorce currently works in North Carolina. I will address topics such as:
- When can I file for divorce?
- Do I have to have a separation agreement?
- What does it mean to be “legally separated”?
- What are my options regarding how to proceed?
- What are the laws governing child support?
- What are the laws governing alimony?
Please check out this page again soon!